Friday, August 18, 2006

Whip it good.

Goin back, back, back to school.

I have found that one fun thing to do in SL is to check what classes are available. Every class I've taken so far has provided me with useful tips and information, even on such things as clothing handling. (Did ou know that the default attachment for boxes will soon become the hand rather than the head? No more bald heads with boxes)

So far, I've taken Inventory arrangement, clothing handling, basic building and make a devo hat classes. Yes, that's right, I made a Devo hat and it was fun and I learned more little tips.

Actually I tried making the hat as soon as I heard of the class. I was able to do it but it wasn't as "elegant" or realistic looking as the one I made in the class, thanks to the instructon.

And the skills I've picked up in the classes have helped with adjusting clothing. Not long ago, I didn't know how to do that and thanks to the classes I do. So I can take that "godfather" hat that made me bald and attach it to my chin instead of the default and then move it to where it loks right. I can take my jooky kitty and move it to a good position, I can adjust my prim eyelashes to fit my skin better. And now I have a Devo hat with floating text script in it that says "Whip it good"
,p>


I heartily recommend taking classes to all newbies. There's various groups running them and they all seem to do a pretty good job. The TeaZer folks seem a touch more organized in a "formal" fashion with notecard handouts and class supplies and whatnot than the others, but that's just a minor thing.

No comments: