Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Frist Post or Who and why.

Hi, I'm CronoCloud, transgendered geek and wannabe fashionista, also known as VeronicaMoonlit in certain online circles. But this blog isn't about being TG...directly anyway. This blog is about the game/playtoy/addiction known as Second Life Second Life Website

While I had heard about SL in the past couple of years I had never joined up or looked into it. Recently a vodcast that I follow, GeekBrief had begun having listener chats inside SL. So I decided to check it out. I arrived too late for the chat, but decided to explore and play around. Then I discovered the avatar customization features, including the ability to switch the gender of my avatar. I decided to read up on the "game" and then I discovered that the fashion industy inside the game is big. I mean really BIG, I mean HUGE.

And I saw all these total glamazon avatars and I wanted mine to be one too. "Hey, how come I'm not pretty like them." Then began the research. And now thanks to the knowledge and skills of many, my avatar is "one of the pretty" And also thanks to shopping. Right off I want to thank the creators of the Lindenstyle blog, Sabrina Doolittle and Salome Strangelove, and the creator of the Secondstyle blog and magazine, the loverly named Celebrity Trollop. I pored over their blogs for advice on what to buy, what to try, what to do, etc. I must thank them deeply for their writings and conversation.

I also must thank the various content creators themselves, who unlike the famous fashion designers of Real Life, a player can actually meet.

including but not exclusive to:

Alaska Metropolitan of OPIUM Everyday
Ginny Talamsaca of DAZZLE
Fallingwater Cellardoor of Shiny Things
Sachi Vixen of Adam n Eve
Torrid Midnight of Torridwear
Roslin Petion of Tete a Pied
Sylfie Minogue of Prim Seductions
Lo Jacobs of Luxe
Elika Tiramisu of ETD
Six Kennedy of Gurl 6
Ingrid Ingersoll of eTc



I don't have a picture of my avatar when I first started, ( I didn't think of using the screenshot button) but I do have a few from about my second or third session in the game. Early on I played a bit with putting makeup etc on a male avatar but I just decided to stick with a female one. Players can change their appearance at a whim. The following looks were created with the appearance sliders, with the exception of a few clothes.



No comments: