Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Image editing fun

I'm not an expert with image editing programs as everyone who reads this blog can see. I only first used one in 2003 I think. I can crop, I can scale, I can add text and I can fix red eye and thats pretty much it.

Alaska Metropolitan of OPIUM Everyday did a blog post with a basic howto on editing ones SL fashion screenshots. Her tutorial uses Photoshop but the techniques were quite applicable to the image editor I use, the GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program).

I was able to take an image of my avatar, select just my avatar out of it and add it to a new bacground created with the paint can, a dollop of a lighter color and gaussian blur.




I had always wondered how people were able to make collages and stuff and select just the bits they wanted and now I know

"And knowing is half the battle"

No comments: