Friday, September 20, 2013

Liv Glam Laurent, the sort of dress I like in RL.

I discovered Liv Glam sometime back after seeing one of their things on an acquaintance.  Most of Liv-glam's styles seem to have a sort of high end department store look to them, which I like for the most part.  To be honest, their stuff can be hit or miss, and some of the texturing is of questionable style on some of their stuff, or could use a little work...but some of it IS worth picking up.  Besides, they have demos.

I picked up this classic "Laurent" wrap dress some months back and was saving a blog post for fall.  It's a simple versatile v-neck mesh dress with a color change hud.  This solid version is only available at the store, but there is also a print version available.  In my opinion, some of the solid colors are questionable choices in a dress like this, but there's enough colors that it does look good in to be worth a look:


Here it is in classic black, desk to dinner, though it is a little cleavagey for desk in RL, but we all know that in SL we tend to show more cleavage...even me.  Shoes are from Elikatira, the Move's.  Skin is my usual Belleza Betty



 Just to show you how classic the dress is, here's a similar RL one from Talbots!  I tend to be classic, so I like to peruse Talbots for Internet Window Shopping.  And yes, I based the styling of my picture on the way the Talbot's dress was styled, just to show that classic style works well in SL...and RL.




And here I have used a dark red color.  The hair I used was Wasabi Pills Jamie, which is fairly close, a touch more controlled than the RL hair of the model, which I think suits the dress better.  Jewellery is Drop Stone Pendant and earrings in Gold by Sax Shepherd.  Bag is the "Lourdes" from Alexandra Sautereau via Marketplace




Which I styled like this styling of the dress. Close, but not quite.  The RL dress comes in several colors and it does come in plus and petite sizes and is $109.  It is unlined though.



Ready for fall window shopping in brown, with a scarf from Miel and GOS Equestrian boots.


SLURLS:


Liv-Glam

Wasabi Pills

Belleza skin HQ

Elikatira

Sax Shepherd Jewellery

Miel

GOS

Alexandra Satereau Collection

No comments: