Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hair Fair 2007

I joined SL last year after Hair Fair so this is my first.

Hair Fair is a great idea and would be fun if I could stand the shopping experience. It's much too laggy, and a bad user experience. It is hard to shop for new hair when displays won't rez. Having 2 sims is better than having the one I read they had last year but they really needed 4. They probably should have gone as minimalistic on the build as they could, one simple stall design for every designer with simple textures, no fancy shmancy decorations or flexi flags or anything.

I went to take a look at the new Elika "Aveda" hair but couldn't buy it at the Fair because the color textures on the displays would not load. I had to bug out for the actual Aveda store, where the Hair Fair styles were not available, but at least I could see the swatches. Then I headed back into the breach. Having hair exclusive to Hair Fair is a not a good idea when the experience is this bad. I know the HF organizers want people to come to Hair Fair rather than going to the stores, but when the experience is this bad, with the HF sims crashing and causing customers to crash, it would be better to let the designers display the new hair at their stores too.

This is the new hair Aveda, yes THE Aveda, will be selling in SL at their store. It's designed by the one, the only Elikapeka Tiramisu, of whom I am her *****. All of it is gorgeous, and I love this Sienna color which is similar to the old ETD Mahogany (which was my favorite ETD color) I want all ETD hair to come in this color. :-) (and the old Mahogany back under a new name, Sorry Elika.)

Long Flip:



Med Curl:



Med End Curl:



Med Wavy:



Short Crop (very very sexy. Rowr! This one reminded me of Celebrity Trollop of Second Style for some reason.):



Short Layered (It's pretty but covers too much of the face)



Regular ETD hair:

This is Maxine, a nice long casual style (in the new Mahogany)






Hairapy Freebies:

Bree in Bleach Blonde:



Couer in Deep Red (reminds me of some of Sabrina Doolittle's favorite HCT styles)



I want to go back to Hair Fair to look around some more, but yet I don't want to go back to Hair Fair if you know what I mean, sigh.

HF organizers: Next year 8 sims, trust me, you'll need them. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I joined right after Hair Fair last year too. People were still talking about it. It took me 3 days of crashes to get through and I was on at 5:30 am.

I still have hair that I haven't taken photos of yet. I have boxes that I haven't even unpacked.

Why, O, Why did Hair Fair have to be in the middle of my 72 hr work week? I'm off all next week.