Thursday, October 04, 2012

Mayfair, Mon Tissu and Celoe and my Boycott.

LDO told me about new shoes at Celoe, and said CC would love shoes.

CC always want new shoes so CC want TP, but only the region is listed in search, not the Celoe store.  So I TP to the region, which I've been to before, because of the Mon Tissue move.

The Mayfair region and the Mon Tissu and Celoe stores within, are badly designed.  They're trying to go for that "looks like a RL store look",  with alpha hanger items and whatnot and all that does is slow the loading down.  It's one of the reasons why shopping at the Mon Tissu location in Lula was so annoying.

If we've learned anything from SL it's that simple is better when it comes to store designs, if I can't buy something within 30 seconds of a TP, your store is badly designed.

Bad designers, BAD BAD.  Why do you not learn from others, and your own previous mistakes?  You want shoppers to have a pleasant experience, not a bad one.  This is one reason why some are heavy Marketplace users.  If you want me to shop in your in-world store don't make it a laggy mess for sake of appearances.

Want to know why there are no pics?  28 minutes and I STILL can't see anything to buy!  It's why I get any Mon Tissu from marketplace now...because I can't shop there in-world.

Look, Mon Tissu and Celoe owners, you are so clueless about the reality of an effectrive store design, that you don't deserve my L$.  It's that simple.

And guess, what, trying to TP out of Mayfair caused the client to logout!  That's it, I'm boycotting, Mon Tissu and Celoe until their designers get a clue.  And I'm going to start encouraging others to do the same.









6 comments:

Anessa Stine said...

I was just there yesterday with about 3 other girls, none of us had any issues... and I know for a fact that one (my RL sister Ketsy) was running SL on a woefully bad system, graphics card & memory very out of date. Maybe SL is just playing mean today?

Unknown said...

I have no problems whatsoever to rez at Mayfair usually, unless I am on my old computer that barely runs SL anyway. So I wonder what is creating the problem for you.

Unknown said...

I have no issues rezzing at Mayfair usually. Only when I am on my old laptop that barely runs SL anymore or when the grid is acting up, which is usually followed by being kicked off the grid and find logons being disabled.
I wonder what it is that makes the region hard for you, because it can't be the build as far as I'm concerned.

Unknown said...

Do you have a mesh enabled viewer? The sim is beautifully constructed and I don't seem to have a problem with it rezzing. Could be your computer is just not capable of keeping up with it. Sorry to hear this.

Tea Spiller said...

I'm pretty sure no one wants you to shop in their store anyway and see their stuff worn by a basic vanilla pedestrian bitch like you.

Upgrade your system, and stfu.

CronoCloud said...

Anessa, I've been there before, same thing happens. I don't know what it is, but I know that Mon Tissu stores are always laggy for me.

Grazia, as I said, I don't know what it is, but Others in FE report the same thing. I run Snowstorm, maybe that's one reason.

Simply, I had a mesh enabled viewer before most other people did, I run Snowstorm on Linux. And my machine should be able to handle it, being above minimum specs, dual-core CPU and a GT220 card.

Anonymous, I was recently involved in some region testing in New Toulouse, there were others involved with better specced machines than mine, my perfromance was actually better as a Snowstorm on Linux user.

I also don't think I've claimed to be anything other than basic and simple in my tastes. I like simple and classic, always have. But I won't retract my statements about the mon tissu store designs, they've always been laggy messes and the owners should know better by now.